Mr. McCarthy is a Senior Level Management Professional with 40+ years’ of domestic and international business experience in procurement, manufacturing and operation management within the Food & Beverage, Produce Packaging and Chemical industries. He has devoted his career to developing teamwork between manufacturing, engineering, procurement, and finance groups grounded in the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) philosophy.
As a consultant, his expertise spans all facets of procure to payment (P2P) activities for service & indirect material (S&IM), plus capital equipment purchases, with emphasis on supplier management, cost reduction/savings, and daily operational improvement execution.
Operations Management: Purchasing & Procurement | Business Process Design| Supplier Management | Risk Management | Materials Optimization | Asset Management | Negotiation | Contract Management and Administration
Organizational Transformation: Policy Development & Deployment | Process Improvement | Training Development & Delivery | Change Management
Relevant Career Highlights
- P2P Maxx Consulting – Consultancy specializing in auditing current procurement process, identifying opportunities for cost containment, reducing supplier risk, improving supplier performance and supply chain efficiency.
- Nestle USA – Formed partnerships with factory Engineering/Maintenance and Finance through identifying then removing roadblocks, aligning data systems & process roadmaps, and enhancing the maintenance inventory management/data analysis capability. Some of the business practices were newly developed; while others required complete process re-design. Partnered with strategic suppliers to improve purchase order accuracy, fulfillment and on time delivery.
- Nestle SA – Developed supplier criteria and implementation plan for just 2 Global Water Treatment suppliers with Engineering and just 2 Global Cleaning & Sanitation suppliers with Quality Control. sourced and awarded the business. Over a 5 year period, fully converted 500+ factories to the preferred Global Suppliers, reducing the number of suppliers by 230, standardizing on procedures and chemistry being used and had a ~20% spend reduction for each category.
- At Nestle USA, responsible for deploying the factory Systems Contract/Partnering purchasing procedure. The program included the identifying and selling of obsolete/dormant inventory, inventory optimization, utilizing consignment inventory and introducing/developing suppliers to utilize EDI payment procedures.
- At Nestle USA, was Divisional Team Leader for 8 individual factories that were participating in the development/implementation of a totally integrated Inventory/Purchasing/Payment system involving a CMMS (Maximo), Master Data (SAP) and e-commerce (Ariba) for Service & Indirect Material (S&IM) and Capital purchases.
- At Nestle SA, managed 6 North American S&IM categories (Power Transmission & Bearings, PPE & Safety, Pest Control, and Adhesives), plus 2 Global Categories (Water Treatment and Cleaning & Sanitation). Built partnerships with corporate purchasing, engineering, quality assurance, and operations stakeholders by identifying their primary objectives and priorities, then developing purchasing strategies, and initiatives for their 88 North American factories that aligned with those objectives/priorities. Scope included services, as well as direct and indirect materials.
- MBA, Finance, State University of New York at Buffalo
- BS, Industrial Management, State University College of New York at Buffalo
- CPM (Certified Purchasing Manager), Syracuse NY Chapter 1993, 1998, 2003