Mr. Miller is an executive search consultant and business owner with 13+ years’ of in-house corporate recruiting and placement agency experience. His company, Jason Ryan & Associates, helps agricultural based and “value added” food and beverage processors find “top shelf” technical and non-technical industry leaders to fill key positions with-in their organizations. He is an essential resource to his clients and takes the time to understand their needs. This “business partner” approach has allowed him to maintain a high level of success in the positions he has filled. As a “technical recruiter”, he has successfully led staffing efforts in the following disciplines: Engineering, Maintenance, Project Mgt; Demand Planning, QA/Food Safety, R&D/NPD and IT. Mr. Miller is also very skilled at finding Finance, Accounting, Operations, Production and Human Resources professionals as well.
Relevant Career Highlights
- Jason Ryan & Associates – Specialized “Talent Acquisition Manager” serving the food, agricultural and beverage processing Industries. Designs strategic staffing plans that improve the quality and quantity of candidates and decreases the likelihood of unnecessary turnover in strategic positions. Utilizes traditional methods of recruiting as well as the cutting edge social media to effectively supply “top shelf” talent. Achieves these goals through direct hire and hourly contract business models that are performed remotely or on-site as needed.
- Fresh Express Inc. – Innovative “Recruiting and Relocation Manager” created a responsive and cost effective corporate recruiting function for $300 million dollar company that had no strategic staffing plan prior. This department, through my recruiting efforts and ability to “business partner” with “Sr. Management”, helped grow the company to well over a billion dollars. As a specific example of my ability to recognize success, many of my strategic hires have gone on to highly successful careers and are sought after by others in food processing industry.
- Bolthouse Farms Inc: Contracted to fill a back log of positions that had occurred as a result of massive growth, powered by new product innovation, plant and R&D facilities expansions and lack of sufficient recruiting resources. Positions filled included Sr. Scientist R&D, Food Safety Auditor, Help Desk Supervisor, Financial Analysts, Maintenance Manager, Plant Manager and Payroll Manager.
- Ace Tomato LLC: Assisted company president with staffing a new “value added” foodservice product line. This project moved the company from strictly a grower/shipper/packer to an innovative, value-added food processor. Through cold calling and referral, key candidates, with specific skill sets in new product development were indentified and subsequently hired. These two positions, Director of Operation and Production Manager, became the foundation and the future success of the project.
- Capurro Farms LLC: Contracted to assist “Human Resource Manager” to set up comprehensive recruiting process. Hire Operations Controller, Grower Accountant, Regional Sales Manager and several clerk level accounting positions. Additional services preformed were Human Resources compliance projects that included EEO, Personnel Files, Leave of Absences/FMLA and other required reporting functions.