Mr. Tozier has served his customers as a business management and project management consultant, bringing years of experience from a variety of disciplines and industries from information technology, healthcare, banking, and others to the government and military arenas. Over the past 17 years, Stuart has focused on program, project and project portfolio management with a particular emphasis in Project Portfolio Management (project governance) and Project Management Office (PMO) implementations and Project Management Training solutions. He has managed numerous project customer relationships, Project Management Offices (PMOs) and programs and projects from large multi-year system programs to phased PMO implementations. Further, his experience has taken him to many locations overseas to deliver customer projects and training requirements.
Stuart develops and delivers project management training programs and provides consulting services on project management and Project Portfolio Management and PMO solution design and implementations for numerous government and commercial customers. Currently, Mr. Tozier is providing customized project management solutions and training for USA INSCOM, the United States Army’s Intelligence and Security Command. As a result, he holds a current U.S. government TS/SCI clearance.
Operations and IT Management: Interim Operations Management Executive | Account Management | Operational Improvements | Operating Process Design – Redesign | Purchasing & Procurement | Financial Management | IT Package Analysis & Selection | Root Cause Analysis
Project Portfolio Management/Project Management Office: Methodology & Process Development – Implementation – Training | Tools Development – Selection – Configuration – Implementation – Training | Project Governance Development, Implementation & Management | Ongoing Project Scorecard Development & Management | Customized Training Development & Delivery | Executive & Project Stakeholder Mentoring
Project Management: Stakeholder Management | Scope/Requirements Development and Control | Risk Management | Project Financial Management | Project Planning | Project Schedule Management |Project Human Resources Management | Project Assessments – Audits – Forensics | Project Controls Analysis | Facilitated Project Workshops | Customized Training Development & Delivery | Project Manager & Team Member Mentoring
Relevant Career Highlights
- Independent Consultant – Founder/Principal at 4th Echelon, LLC and previously partner and vice president at DIDEX, LLC. Ensuring strategic success through improved project governance and execution. Developing and delivering project management operations and training solutions for commercial and government entities around the world. Notable projects and training include those delivered for the U.S Army, McAfee, Dell Perot Systems, Fort Dodge Animal Health, Corporation Service Company and Wyeth.
- Dell Perot Systems – Serving as first an account manager and later as a Project Manager, PMO Director, and then resident PMO/Project Management Consultant, the bulk of key knowledge and experience was built upon customers and project while at the former Perot Systems. Managed numerous projects, project offices, sales engagements, and accounts for customers across the U.S. and Western Europe.
- Concentra Managed Care – Operations leadership of stand-alone ambulatory health care facilities coupled with transitioned roles in business analysis, project management and training provided a depth and breadth of experience across both the healthcare and IT arenas. Led the successful rollout of a new system to 108 locations across the U.S.
- United States Marine Corps – Acquired the leadership, toughness, and maturity that came with serving. The Marine Corps has a long history of developing not just warriors, but also leaders. Served as an Infantryman and later in the Staff Judge Advocate’s Office. One of the Marine Corps mottos is to “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome” (challenging situations). In order to not just survive, but also flourish, in today’s corporate and government environments, being able of living this motto is a true asset.
- At the United States Army’s Intelligence and Security Command (USA INSCOM), assisted with the start-up, turnaround, tracking, controlling and reporting on numerous high-technology projects.
- At USA INSCOM, developed, implemented and trained the Futures Directorate on Project Management Office and Project Management methodologies from start to finish. The success and acceptance led to the expansion of the methodology deployment and training to the entire Command, including major subordinate commands located in San Antonio, TX, Ft. Gordon, GA, Kelly Barracks, HI, Wiesbaden AAF in Germany and the Seoul base and Camp Humphries in South Korea.
- At USA INCOM, currently developing and installing a PMO for the CIO/G-6 (Information Technology element). Included is the development of Project Portfolio Management Methodology (PPMM) and system wherein the intake, scoring, prioritization, staffing and ongoing reprioritization processes and tools will reside. Further, Project Management Office Methodology (PMOM) and Project Management Methodology (PMM) are also being developed and implemented. Also in progress are the selection, installation, configuration, implementation and training of a new Enterprise Project Management System (EPMS).
- At Dell Perot Systems (DPS), for a large, managed care organization in the Northeast, managed a 25+ project program to replace the customer’s core systems and ancillary support applications. This was a problematic program and my role was as the “turnaround” program manager. Responsible for re-planning the entire $40mil+ program, implement program and project controls, improve stakeholder management, and get the deliverables, schedule and budget under control.
- At DPS, for one of the country’s largest public hospital systems, managed the proposal process, design and implementation of a Project Management Office. Annual project work totaled in excess of $25mil. The solution included customized methodologies, tools, and training and integrated the customer’s enterprise architecture model.
- At DPS, for the world’s largest pharmaceutical outsourcer, managed both the initial program to install and then managed the firm’s global project management office operations. The PMO included staff and project work in three domestic data centers and three data centers in Europe (two in England, one in Scotland). Typical project work exceeded $1mil per month and included up to 50 average project management resources within my oversight under the PMO and several times expanded to 200-300 during critical projects (such as Y2K remediation). Project work managed ranged from pure IT to business redesign projects.
- At DPS, for a mid-size healthcare claims facility, executed a transition for a healthcare claims processing center from another firm to Perot ownership. Responsible for all project planning and execution to include financials, staff transition and training, contracts transition and interim operations management.
- BA, History, University of Texas at Dallas
- MBA, Management, University of Dallas
- PMP (Project Management Professional), certified by the Project Management Institute. PMI Dallas Chapter Member, Education Committee Director and Staff Instructor
- Global R.E.P. (Registered Education Provider), certified by the Project Management Institute as a Project Management Course Developer and Provider
- U.S. Government Clearance, current holder of Top Secret/SCI clearance